Posted on 26 June 2012
Thanks to Women’s Wear Daily doing a lengthy profile on Tory Burch, we have learned some new things about this astonishing woman.
1. There are 72 Tory Burch boutiques worldwide! So many stores! Forty-nine of the outposts are in the US, while 23 are outside the States. Burch plans to open an additional 25 shops this year, in locations as varied as Rio, Munich, and Shanghai.
2. Despite all of these brick-and-mortar stores, the brand’s number one store is its e-commerce site, which operates in 30 countries.
3. Sales for 2012 are projected to be $800 million. Ready-to-wear accounts for 25% of the business, while accessories make up the other 75%. Burch’s Reva flats are a best-seller around the world.
4. Tory Burch Sport — a freestanding offshoot focused on golf, yoga, running, and tennis gear — is a very real possibility, as is a home line and a costume jewelry collection.
5. The company will launch its first ad campaign in fall 2013 to accompany a Tory Burch fragrance.